Saturday, May 2, 2015

Cole's BBQ

The foggy weather on East Cliff made me grab a hoodie and toss it in the backseat on my way to meet Alan for lunch. Ever since I reviewed Casa Rosita's (link) which is right next door, I'd been meaning to get back there for Cole's. Today was the day.

Cole's BBQ


This place is tiny! Like only three tables inside where you order at the counter. There's more room out on the deck.

After scouting the menu, I decided on the $10.95 Lunch Special - pork ribs, fries and garlic bread. They let me substitute the coleslaw for the fries. Alan went with the Tri-Tip sandwich and fries ($11.95).

Three meaty ribs were delivered to our table and my eyes got big. Yum! They had BBQ squeeze bottles, so on the sauce went. I took a bite and nearly burned my fingers. Let it cool down, bro! So I turned my focus to the slaw. It was flowing over the bowl and tasted crisp and fresh. Not too sweet, which is good. A satisfying crunch. The bread was soaked in garlic butter and was squished flat. I peeled off a section to share. Got a few fries in trade!


Alan's meal was huge! Thick cut fries with salt, pepper and some sugar I think. They were really great. I'm ordering more next time. His steak was cut thin and drenched in sauce. He gave a thumbs up as he devoured his lunch.


My ribs were okay, but too tough and chewing was a chore. It's should fall off the bone, right? Next time I will try the beef ribs. The coleslaw and fries were the stars today, as well as the tri-tip. The price is not a bargain, but reasonable. It is the only BBQ on East Cliff, so no nearby competition to lower prices. As for how it rates with other BBQs in town, I'll need more research, but Cole's is a step below Mission St. BBQ for me.

Scores out of 10:
Food: 7
Service: n/a
Atmosphere: 7
Value for price: 5
Overall: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment