Saturday, August 23, 2014

Auntie Mame's SV

Breakfast in Scotts Valley gives you several options. Only a few, however, give you biscuits and gravy. Auntie Mame's has that and we were hungry. Let's see how the old gal does...

Auntie Mame's website (Yelp)


Located at the corner of Mt. Hermon and SV Drive, Mame's has been serving the city for decades. They have a menu on the wall from the early 70's. It's cozy inside with barstools and tables.

My guest hadn't been here before, but I had and I love their biscuits. Topped with the Santa Barbara Pepper Sauce (at each table), it's a real winner. 

I ordered the basic two eggs, potatoes with B&G ($6.75). Little pools of butter were on the overeasy eggs and the fries were half crispy. The star was the biscuits of course, with a thick creamy gravy on top. I asked the waitress what was in it and she said bacon and sausage. Mmm!

My guest got the same dish but with bacon ($8.25). It was cooked well and crispy. She said her potatoes were too salty, so I tried them. Mine were the same, so I guess I didn't mind it as much. To each their own!

I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a hearty breakfast. They have fruit instead of potatoes, if you're going the healthy route. But why would you do that?

Scores out of 10:
Food: 7
Service: 7
Atmosphere: 7
Value for price: 7
Overall: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment