Friday, August 14, 2015

Aroma Indian Bistro

Hey people! I'm back with a couple new reviews. This one is for the new Aroma Indian Bistro that moved into where the Kyber Pass and Himalayan Kitchen used to be on Pacific.

Aroma Indian Bistro (Yelp)


I met my brother for the lunch buffet last week and it was a reasonable $9.99. Does anyone else get excited by the term "all you can eat". My older self realizes now that this is not a challenge, but a value-driven marketing term.


The interior has stayed mostly the same with the big front windows letting in plenty of sunlight and tables in the middle and the open kitchen along the left side.


Look at all the silver domes of Indian food goodness! Some of them were tricky to open and close with one hand since you balance your plate in the other. I got better during my second trip.


There's a mini-salad bar as well with veggies, mixed greens and watermelon as well as several tasty sauces and dressings. The bro especially liked putting the mint sauce on cucumber slices. Crunch!


Slightly charred, but fluffy naan bread came with the buffet. The lemon in the ice water was a nice touch. Both were refilled many times during our meal.


How can you go wrong? Butter Chicken, two kinds of Masala (Chicken and Chana), Dal (lentils), Chicken Tandoori and steamed rice filled my plate. The Masala was a bit heavy on the tomato flavor, but still very good. My bro liked the garlic in the Chana one; it was chickpea-abundant.


My second trip was for the salad, Zucchini Pakora and more Butter Chicken on rice. The yougurt dressing was kind of bland and the sliced tomatoes had no flavor. This is the only bad thing I can say about the buffet. Otherwise, it was all thumbs up. I wish I could have taken a nap afterwards - always a good sign. We will be returning.

Scores out of 10:
Food: 8
Service: 7
Atmosphere: 6
Value for price: 8
Overall: 7.50

No comments:

Post a Comment